Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day

So today is Valentine's Day. My husband and I have a pact not to celebrate these holidays. In fact, I consider it a gift to both of us, as men often struggle with how to handle these days, and then the women get disappointed unnecessarily, as a perfectly loving man can still fall on his face when it comes to picking out the ideal gift. I think the forced "opportunity" to express their love ends up stressing them out and thus backfiring in the end anyway.

But I am lucky. I have a husband that stays home on Wednesday afternoons so I can go shopping, have lunch with a friend, or go to the doctor (alone). I can wear real clothes that I don't have to worry about getting dribbles on during these trips, and it is glorious. For that, I don't need a holiday...I am grateful everyday.

No comments: